Broken Skies by Theresa Kay, Review of Audible Book


Broken Skies audible book is written by Theresa Kay and narrated by Andrea Emmes.

Description:


In seventeen-year-old Jax Mitchell's world, humans are nearly extinct and alien settlers have arrived.



Until recently, the E'rikon have remained segregated in their city and ignored the few humans who have tried to engage them... but now they have taken Jax's brother. To rescue him, she forms an uneasy alliance with a teenage E'rikon left stranded in the woods. She agrees to guide him to the city if he sneaks her past the human-proof barrier. Too bad it's not that simple.



Jax, who cannot stand to be touched, finds that she's drawn to the alien boy with bright green hair and jewel-like scales on his back. And he's equally affected by her, the courageous redhead with haunted eyes. But she doesn't know the alien's true motives and he has no idea that she is much more than she seems.


With the aliens and the humans at odds, the connection forming between the two teens has consequences. What started off as a rescue mission sets a chain of events in motion which threatens not only the remaining humans and the growing alien society, but Earth itself.


Review:


Book:

This book blew me away. We don’t just get in the main character’s head we experience everything with her. Theresa Kay is such an inspired author. The characters are believable and down to earth. I love how realistic the scenarios are with that little bit of otherworldly abilities and tech added in to spice things up. I got so caught up in Broken Skies that I felt like I was missing a part of me when it was over. I cannot wait for the next book to come out.

Jax’s brother is abducted by aliens and it seems as if no one cares but her. She has to accept help from those she does not want to trust. While she fights an uphill battle to find and free her brother she learns more about herself and her travel companion, Lir. Lir is an alien that is either going to help her or betray her. They both have been taught the other is the enemy, but what else can they do? Their only chance of survival is with each other. Will she rescue her brother or will the unthinkable happen?

Narration:

Hands down, this is the best audiobook I have ever listened to. The narration adds so much to Broken Skies. I think that Theresa Kay and Andrea Emmes make a fabulous team. Andrea adds so much feeling and expression to Theresa's words. The narration is done with such emotion behind every word that it is just captivating. No monotone reading here. I was laughing and crying throughout the book. There was one part that I felt so deeply about that I actually gasp out loud. I have never done that before with any book. And I also love the little voice effects that is added in.

I enjoyed listening to this book so much that I didn't want to stop. I could listen to Andrea Emmes read all day, especially such an amazing book like Broken Skies.
~Candy



Purchase Broken Skies ebook or print
Ebook is on sale for $1.99 right now


Purchase Broken Skies Audible book

Find Theresa Kay


Other Books Narrated by Andrea Emmes

Find Andrea Emmes


0 comments:

Post a Comment