Review: Born To Magic: Tales of Nevaeh: Volume I by David Wind


Description:

Long ago, the violence and radiation of terrorist wars killed America. Descendants of the survivors now dwell in a world of ritual and magic, where ten dominions struggle for supremacy and a dark, formidable power has emerged.

Areenna, the only daughter of the King of Freemorn, is barely eighteen, yet her psychic ability is strong. She is called to The Island and learns that the fate of her world is in her hands. She must undertake a perilous journey to save Nevaeh from malicious destruction. But she will not travel alone.

Mikaal, the son of the High King of Nevaeh, has just as much at stake as Areenna. The quest takes them through haunted wastelands filled with mutants while a vile and evil force will do everything in its power to stop them—for it wants Nevaeh as its own.

Review:

Born to magic is a marvelous adventure. I felt like I was allowed to experience it all right along with the characters. David Wind has a way of bringing the story to life through his words. He writes with such great detail and passion. I love how he even changed up names, because as we know language is ever evolving. I would have to laugh sometimes when they would talk about a dangerous snuck or killing a rabt though.
                                                                             
 It was a long read, but well worth it all. I found this book to be full of surprises. It has a great otherworldly feel about it. At times I would feel as if two worlds were coming together. It is a futuristic world set in medieval times. I just love the characters and I find them easy to relate to. In Born to Magic it talks about how a man and woman thinks and reacts differently. I think it is great how they could balance out each other in this and at times also learn to see things in a different way. Oh and the end was a great place to stop. It made me feel as if the story had some resolve, but also showed how the adventure was just beginning.

3,000 years from now the world has changed. War almost wiped humanity, but some survived. They were changed by the radiation that was set upon the world, some more than others. Races no longer exist. The men became bigger and stronger and the women developed magic. They seem to complement each other well. However, all is not well in this new world. There is an unimaginable evil that is determined to control them all. Humanity is not ready to go down without a fight. Areenna and Mikaal must find a way to overcome the evil that is headed their way and with the help from some unexpected places, they just might stand a chance. They must embark on a journey through some of the worst lands with danger around every corner. With a little something extra from the past will the world survive? Will Areenna and Mikaal find what they seek?


Join me and see what it means to be Born to Magic.
~Candy

Purchase Born to Magic

Find David Wind


8 comments:

Donna Fasano said...

Sounds like an intriguing read!

KJDonovan said...

I finished reading Born to Magic a couple of days ago and completely agree with your review, Candy.

Nice one, Mr Wind, nice one.

Effrosyni Moschoudi said...

Terrific review! I've had the pleasure to beta read this gem of fantasy & scifi fiction. I am so excited about this series by David Wind and recommend it highly. It is an epic tale of sorcery and magic, but young love as well.

Linda Lee Williams said...

An awesome review and an intriguing book...Congrats, David!

David Wind said...

Thanks you all, and thank you Candy!

Marsha Roberts said...

I've got it on my Kindle & look forward to reading it ~ even more since I read this fantastic review!

Dale Furse said...

This is a great story. I know 'cause I read it and am really looking forward to the sequel. :)

Otherworldly Book Adventure said...

Thank you all for your kind word. It makes me feel good to know that my reviews help others.

Post a Comment