Review: New Release: Undraland by Mary Twomey


Description:
After her parents and twin brother died a year ago, Lucy Kincaid was determined to put together a normal life for herself. With her heart set on college life, Lucy’s dreams of medical school are dashed when a rabid bear attacks her in the middle of suburbia. When Jens, a handsome yet irritable stranger, saves her life, Lucy’s gratitude is cut short when he abducts her, taking her to a land filled with people and creatures she remembers from bedtime stories she assumed were just Scandinavian folklore. 
                             
Jens takes Lucy to a world she never expected, and cannot escape. Undraland is teeming with oversized garden gnomes, warrior elves, N√łkken, Fossegrimens, and worst of all, Sirens. Lucy goes further and further down the rabbit hole until she signs up to join a band of thieves bent on taking down Pesta, the last Siren. 

Review:
I just love Undraland! I was drawn in from the beginning and when it was done, I was left wanting more. The characters have a fire within that I do not often see in the books I read. I enjoyed it all, the good times and the bad. The emotions just radiated out of the pages and had me laughing and crying. I was so engrossed in the story that I would lose track of time. I just couldn’t wait to see what would happen next. Mary Twoney is an amazing writer with out of this world imagination. I have never read a book with gnomes in it, but she did a great job at making them into so much more than the normal gnome.  I tell you what, I will never look at gnomes the same way again. The cliffhanger left me in a spot that made me want to scream! I so need to know more and I really want to know what laplanding means.  Man I need the next book!

I am so glad I found this book and would recommend it to anyone who loves a great adventure with a magical twist. I can’t wait for book 2 to come out. I bet it will be great!

Lucy has lost her family and has had to move on all alone. She feels as if all is finally working out for her since she is going to college and has friends, a job, and a home. Until one night she is being chased and while running for her life a stranger, Jens, appears and saves her.  After that her world gets turned upside down. She is kidnapped and taken to another world that she didn’t know existed. Lucy finds out there is more to her and her family than she could ever have imagined and also that she has been lied to for far too long. She takes off on a journey with a group of misfits to save their world and hers from a terrible threat.  They face dangers around every corner and some of the group even experiences love.  Will they make it in time before all is doomed?
~Candy

Purchase Undraland
Amazon

Smashwords


About the Author 


Mary E. Twomey lives in Michigan with her husband and three adorable children. She enjoys reading, writing, vegetarian cooking and telling her children fantastic stories about wombats.


Find Mary Twomey


0 comments:

Post a Comment